There is a crack available for T2: EE now, but is a complicated process. The quicker, more legal way to get around the T2 DRM problem is by using a transparent proxy server to download the license. The only problem with this way is that you have to re-download the license once every week if you plan to watch it often. Here's a list of instructions I typed up:
Instructions for playing T2 Extreme DVD:
After inserting the 2nd disc with the HD version on:
- Do NOT install or use the InterActual Player
- Open Windows Media Player and make sure WMP uses IE Proxy (Go to Tools*Options*Network*Configure and select “Use Proxy Settings of the Web Browser”
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click Tools*Internet Options*Connections. Under Dial up and Virtual Private Network settings, click the settings button (Not LAN Settings button). Check the “Use Proxy Server for this connection” box, leave the “Bypass Proxy Server for local addresses” box unticked, then type in the following Proxy Server address: Address: 188.8.131.52, Port: 8888. (This address is likely to stop working in the future. If so, you’ll have to spend time going through new addresses available from http://www.publicproxyservers.com. Make sure the only addresses you try out are US ones, that are TRANSPARENT [NOT anonymous or high anonymity ones]).
2. Now right-click on the disc drive the DVD is in (probably either D: or E: ), and select Open. Double-click DVDRUN.exe and then navigate to common\win\lang\en\t2x\esource and Double Click CHAP_0.ASX.
3. Windows Media Player should open, connect to the internet (which should have the proxy settings configured from earlier) and a box should pop up to download the license (or in WMP 10, say “Acquiring License”, then “License Acquired”.
4. Be sure to UNCHECK the “Use Proxy Server for this connection” box in Internet Explorer after you have acquired the license for T2. Failing to do so will result in sluggish internet performance.
Note: When trying new proxy addresses, you will have to still double-click the DVDRUN.exe file on the HD disc for each one.
The DRM license will last for 5-7 days, then you will have to repeat the above process to re-acquire the license.